The new class brings the total number of Compass Sports & Entertainment Division agents up to 158, representing 71 different markets. In 2022, they closed more than $7.7 billion in sales volume.
No one can predict the future of real estate, but you can prepare. Find out what to prepare for and pick up the tools you’ll need at the immersive Virtual Inman Connect online Nov. 1-2, 2023. And don’t miss Inman Connect New York on Jan. 23-25, 2024, where AI, capital and more will be center stage. Bet big on the roaring future, and join us at Connect.
Compass has brought on 29 new agents to its Sports & Entertainment Division’s 2023 class, the brokerage has informed Inman.
The new agents represent 29 different markets and bring the total number of Compass Sports & Entertainment Division agents up to 158 agents representing 71 different markets.
The division is a group of vetted specialists in serving clients in the sports and entertainment industries with personalized attention, discretion and marketing and tech expertise.
“The Sports & Entertainment Division is a shining example of the collaborative spirit at Compass,” Robert Reffkin, Compass founder and CEO, said in a statement. “We are excited to see its continued growth and we look forward to its continued success.”
Compass launched its Sports & Entertainment Division in 2016, partially inspired by co-founder Ori Allon’s then-part ownership of the Israeli Hapoel Jerusalem basketball team. Kofi Nartey, a former NFL player, helped spearhead the division at that time in a move from The Agency. Nartey, who still specializes in luxury sports and entertainment real estate, recently moved his team to The Real Brokerage.
The Sports & Entertainment Division admits agents into its ranks twice a year, in January and in July.
“Our membership committee is comprised of busy Realtors, and we run a careful vetting process, which does take up a lot of time,” Ben Moss, national director of the Compass Sports & Entertainment Division, told Inman in an email. “As such, we compress admissions into two windows so that we can be orchestrated and make the efforts concentrated during those time periods.”
Over the course of 2022, the division admitted 34 agents. That year, it closed more than $7.7 billion in sales volume and served over 850 athletes and celebrities with their real estate transactions.
“We are thrilled to welcome 29 new agents into the growing division,” Moss said in a statement. “Since launching in 2016, the group has blossomed into the industry’s leading network for luxury agents who serve high-profile clientele and prioritize client privacy.”
Moss was able to disclose to Inman that agents from the brokerage’s division have served Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa, L.A. Chargers linebacker Kyle Van Noy, Chicago Bulls center Andre Drummond and fashion designer Tommy Hilfiger, among other celebrities and athletes.
The following agents were accepted into the 2023 mid-year class:
- Aaron Buchbinder | Boca Raton, Florida
- Aaron Seawood | New York City, New York
- Alex Brunkhorst | Santa Monica, California
- Angel Nicolas | Coconut Grove, Florida
- Brad Lippitz | Chicago, Illinois
- Cathy Fassero | Phoenix, Arizona
- Charlie Schuster | Beverly Hills, California
- Chris Karas | Phoenix, Arizona
- Greg Hidder | Scottsdale, Arizona
- Gretchen Coley | Raleigh, North Carolina
- Joe Yost | Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- John Eric | Washington, D.C.
- Jordan Jankowski | Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Kelly Minchen | San Francisco, California
- Lauren Forbes | Hermosa Beach, California
- Linda Jokbengboon | Orlando, Florida
- Martha Rush | Maui, Hawaii
- Maryanne Elsaesser | Ridgewood, New Jersey
- Melissa Young | Moorestown, New Jersey
- Mike Hege | Charlotte & Asheville, North Carolina
- Richard Stearns | Brentwood, California
- Rob Smith | Newport Beach, California
- Scott Pridemore | Charlotte and Asheville, North Carolina
- Steve Gunter | Raleigh, North Carolina
- Susan Canavan | Palm Desert, California
- Susan Stark | Brentwood, California
- Suzy Pittman | Houston, Texas
- Tim Elmes | Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Vincent Novelli | Margate, New Jersey